Federal Firearms Applications
BATFE Forms Processing
In accordance with the ATF Final Rule 41F which was effective July 13, 2016, the Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) certification is no longer required on following Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE):
- ATF Form 1 (5320.1): Application to Make and Register a Firearm
- ATF Form 4 (5320.4): Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of a Firearm
- ATF Form 5 (5320.5): Application for Tax Exempt Transfer and Registration of Firearm
Final Rule 41F replaces the CLEO certification with CLEO notification which requires that a completed copy of the Form 1, Form 4 and Form 5 applications, and the specified form for responsible persons (Form 5320.23), be forwarded to the CLEO of the locality in which the applicant/transferee or responsible person resides.
Click links below for more information regarding Final Rule 41F:
Other BATFE Forms
The following is a list of other BATFE forms that must be submitted to the Sheriff for filing:
- ATF E-Form 7 (5310.12): Application for Federal Firearms License
- ATF E-Form 7CR (5310.16): Application for Federal Firearms License (Collector of Curios and Relics)
- ATF E-Form 3310.4: Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers
- ATF E-Form 5300.38: Application for an Amended Federal Firearms License
Completed CLEO (Chief Law Enforcement Officer) copies for all of the above listed forms may be delivered or mailed to the following address:
Yuma County Sheriff’s Office
Important to know...
Attn: Sheriff Leon N. Wilmot
141 S. 3rd Avenue
Yuma, AZ 85364
The Yuma County Sheriff’s Office does not furnish the BATFE forms. To obtain current forms or for questions and information, contact BATFE:
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives
Phoenix Field Office
201 East Washington Street, Suite 940
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
Tel: (602) 776-5400
Fax: (602) 776-5429
Website: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives
Please note that the Sheriff’s Office does not perform quality control regarding any of the forms used by BATFE. Any questions on how to complete the BATFE forms or any other related questions must be directed to Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives directly. The Sheriff’s Office is not responsible for returned forms due to improper completion by the applicant.
For More Information...
Contact Anna Amezcua at (928) 783-4427, Ext. 3007 or via e-mail at: Anna.Amezcua@ycso.yumacountyaz.gov