Open All  |  Close All
Administration Bureau F.A.Q.
This section has been created to answer common questions about some of the Yuma County Sheriff's Office procedures and/or services. If you need further assistance, please call (928) 783-4427.

1. Where is the Yuma County Sheriff's Office Located?
The Sheriff's Office has two locations that are manned Monday through Friday. The main Sheriff's Office is located at 141 S. 3rd Avenue--on the northwest corner of 3rd Avenue and 1st Street. Parking is available in the parking garage at the corner of 3rd Avenue and 2nd Street. The Foothills Substation is located at 13190 South Frontage Road.
2. What are the lobby hours for the Sheriff's Office?
The lobbies at the main Sheriff's Office and the Foothills Substation are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. except on holidays. Click link for a list of holidays observed by the Sheriff's Office--Holidays Observed.
3. How do I apply for a job at the Sheriff's Office?
All Yuma County applications must be submitted online through NeoGov. Yuma County no longer accepts paper applications. To apply online, click link: Yuma County Employment

If you do not have access to a computer, Yuma County has kiosks located at 198 S. Main Street, Yuma, AZ.

If you have questions or need assistance with the online application process, please contact:

Yuma County Human Resources Department
198 S. Main Street
Yuma, AZ 85364
Tel: (928) 373-1013

Job Line: (928) 373-6090

Once your application is submitted, a representative from the Sheriff's Office will contact you regarding testing and/or for an interview.

4. How do I get a copy of a Sheriff's Office report and how much does it cost?
Citizens wishing to obtain public records or a copy of a report must complete and submit a "Public Records/Report Request Form".

Requests may be submitted:

  1. In person
  2. Via email to:
  3. Via U.S. mail to: Yuma County Sheriff's Office, Attn: Records Department, 141 S. 3rd Avenue, Yuma, AZ 85364

If you are submitting your request by mail, you must include a notarized copy of your picture identification and original signature along with the Public Records/Report Request Form. Click link for detailed information regarding the proof of identification requirements: YCSO Proof of Identification Requirements

Requests for copies may take up to 14 days to process, depending on the nature of the incident and if the case is still under investigation. Most reports will be available 5 working days after the date the request was submitted. To verify that a report is ready for pick up, contact the Records Department at (928) 329-2254.

If you are requesting photographs, you will be contacted once they have been processed with the total cost and when they will be available for pick-up.

Type of Record/Report

Basic Incident Report (single face sheet) $1.00
Incident Report (full copy) $3.00
Traffic Accident Report $3.00
Report Photos $5.00 per CD
Adult Arrest Record No charge
Booking Photo (black & white unless color photo is specifically requested) No charge
Letter of Incarceration No charge
*Postage $1.50

*Reports, letters and photo CDs to be mailed require pre-paid postage.

For more information, contact our Records Department at (928) 329-2254.

Click link for Public Records/Report Request Form.

5. Does the Sheriff's Office provide fingerprinting services for the public and how much does it cost?
The Yuma County Sheriff's Office provides fingerprinting services to the public at both the main office in Yuma located at 141 S. 3rd Avenue and the Foothills Substation located at 13190 E. South Frontage Road during the following hours:

Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
9:00–11:00 AM

Fingerprinting Fees

The fee for fingerprinting services is $3.00 per card.

Types of payment accepted: Cash, personal check, money order, cashier’s check, and credit/debit. Checks should be made payable to the Yuma County Sheriff's Office.

Additional Fingerprinting Information

  • The YCSO does not provide Fingerprint Clearance Cards. Fingerprint Clearance Cards should be provided by the organization requesting your fingerprints.
  • The Fingerprint Clearance Card must be filled out in black ink.
  • Picture identification is required to fingerprint an individual.

Acceptable ID: Valid driver’s license or state ID card, passport, military ID or other official government forms of ID. Individuals under the age of sixteen may use a state ID card or school ID card.

For more information regarding fingerprinting services, call 928-783-6274.

6. Where can I get an Order of Protection or an Injunction Against Harassment?
Any Court in the State of Arizona can issue an Order of Protection or an Injunction Against Harassment. Go to the courthouse:
  1. in the county where you live, or
  2. in the county where the abuser lives, or
  3. in the county where the abuse happened, or
  4. in the county where you and the abuser had other family court cases.

Ask the court clerk for "Protective Order" forms. Fill out the forms. Detailed instructions are available and the court staff or an advocate (a non-lawyer helper) may help you file a Petition (that tells the court what you want) and an Affidavit (that tells the court what happened).

When you go to the courtroom, it is helpful to bring with you:

  1. The defendant's date of birth, social security number and a physical description;
  2. The defendant's home address and work address;
  3. Any written notes that include dates and times of incidents involving violence/harassment;
  4. Any pictures, police reports, or medical reports relating to the incidents; and
  5. A description of the vehicle that the defendant drives.

NOTE: There is no fee for filing a petition for an Order of Protection or an Injunction Against Harassment. There is also no fee for service of an Order of Protection arising from a domestic relationship.

Contact any of the following Yuma County Courts for more information.

Yuma County Superior Court
Clerk of the Superior Court
250 W. 2nd Street
Yuma, AZ 85634
(928) 817-4210

City of Yuma Municipal Court
1515 S. 2nd Avenue
Yuma, AZ 85364
(928) 373-4800

City of San Luis Municipal Court
767 N. 1st Avenue
San Luis, AZ 85349
(928) 341-8595

Yuma County Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1
250 W. 2nd Street
Yuma, AZ 85364
(928) 817-4100

Yuma County Justice of the Peace,Precinct 2
1358 E. Liberty Street
San Luis, AZ 85349
(928) 314-5100

Yuma County Justice of the Peace, Precinct 3
10260 Dome Street
Wellton, AZ 85356
(928) 785-3321

7. What happens after the Order of Protection or Injunction Against Harassment is served?
An Order of Protection or an Injunction Against Harassment is effective for one year after the defendant receives it from a Process Server or Law Enforcement Officer. A defendant is entitled to a hearing on any Order of Protection or an Injunction Against Harassment issued by the Court. If a hearing is requested, you will be notified of the court date.  Your failure to appear at the court date may result in a dismissal of the Order of Protection or an Injunction Against Harassment.

If the defendant violates any part of the Order of Protection or an Injunction Against Harassment after it has been served, you should call the local Police Department or County Sheriff's Office immediately. Violation of a protective order is a criminal act, and the defendant may be arrested.

NOTE: A copy of the Order of Protection will be sent to the local Sheriff's Office by the court clerk.  KEEP A COPY OF THE ORDER WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES.
8. I have been ordered to stay away from my house. How do I collect my belongings?
If you need to get personal belongings or clothing, a Judicial Officer may allow you to return to the residence one time. If authorized by the Judicial Officer, you must have a law enforcement officer accompany you to the residence. You should contact the local Police Department or County Sheriff's Office to make an appointment. The law enforcement officer cannot resolve disputes regarding what property belongs to which person. However, if you don't get all of your belongings in the one trip, you may file a civil action to recover property in the residence that you believe is wrongfully denied to you.
9. What can I do if I believe this Order of Protection stops me from seeing my children?
If you believe that your rights of parenting time or custody have been taken away by the issuance of an Order of Protection, you may:

  1. Ask for a hearing in the Court that issued the order against you.
  2. Ask the Superior Court, as part of a domestic relations case, to clarify your rights of parenting time or custody if you believe that the order ignores or violates those rights.
10. Where do I pay my delinquent personal property tax?
The Yuma County Sheriff’s Office accepts full payment for delinquent Personal Property accounts at the following locations:

Yuma County Sheriff's Office
141 S. 3rd Avenue
Yuma, AZ 85364

Yuma County Sheriff's Office - Foothills Substation
13190 S. Frontage Road
Yuma, AZ 85367

We do not accept payment for Real Property accounts.

Payment may be made in the form of personal check, money order, cashier’s check or cash. Cash payments can only be made in person. Only non-cash payments may be made by mail. When making a payment, it is very important that you include your Account Number on all correspondence. Checks or money orders may be made payable to the “Yuma County Sheriff’s Office” or to the "Yuma County Treasurer".

All mail (regular mail and overnight delivery--Fed Ex, UPS, USPS Overnite) payments should be sent to the following address:

Yuma County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Civil Dept. / Taxes
13190 S. Frontage Road
Yuma, AZ 85367
11. What is personal property?
According to ARS 42-11001, "personal property" includes property of every kind, both tangible and intangible, not included in the term real estate. Examples of personal property are mobile homes, airplanes, business equipment, office furniture, and ranch and farm equipment.