Yuma County Detention Center
200 W. Court Street
Yuma, AZ 85364
For Visitation Appointments call:
Office Hours: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Inmate visitation is available by appointment only. Inmates are eligible for visitation after the first 72 hours unless the inmate is in disciplinary segregation.
NOTE: Inmate visitation will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas day and New Years day in accordance with observed County Holidays. Please plan your visitation accordingly.
Appointments must be made one day in advance. Only two (2) visitors per inmate will be allowed at each visit. A child under the age of 18 will be considered one visitor.
Adult Visitation Frequency & Duration
- Minimum Security Units: Inmates housed in the Minimum Security Units are eligible for one (1) one (1) hour visit per seven (7) day period.
- Segregated Units: Inmates housed in any of the Segregated Units are eligible for one (1) thirty (30) minute visit per seven (7) day period.
Juvenile Visitation Frequency & Duration
Juveniles that are in general population are eligible for one (1) one (1) hour visit per seven (7) day period.
Special or Out of Town Visits
Special visits may be arranged for friends and family living outside a fifty (50) mile radius of the jail and are only in town for a limited time. These special visits are scheduled on a one-time basis and will be scheduled based upon availability ANY day of the week. NOTE: A valid government picture identification must be presented at the time of visitation and must show visitor's residency outside a 50 mile radius.
Professional visits pertain to attorneys or other approved legal visitors, law enforcement officials, clergy and program representatives. If you are not certain if you meet the criteria for a professional visit, please contact the Visitation Office via telephone at (928) 539-7841 or e-mail.
FOR PROFESSIONAL VISITATIONS ONLY
Click link below to e-mail the Visitation Office for information regarding Professional Visitation or to schedule a Professional Visitation appointment.
Yuma County Detention Center - Visitation Office
- Non-Contact Visitation: All professional visitors, with the exception of attorneys requesting a non-contact visit, must schedule a visitation appointment one day in advance.
- Contact Visitation: Requests for contact visitations shall be approved based on specific criteria, including but not limited to:
- The need for an interpreter, investigator, or other court-related expert.
- The use of media equipment.
- The needs of the professional visitor directly related to the visit.
- Professional Visitation Times: Professional visits may be scheduled:
- Monday-Friday between the hours of 7:45 AM-7:00 PM. NOTE: No visits will be scheduled between the hours of 2:00-3:00 PM.
- Saturday & Sunday (subject to availability) between the hours of 8:00 AM-12:00 PM only.
- Additional Identification Requirements: In addition to a valid government picture identification, professional visitors may be asked to present professional credentials at the time of the visit such as a Arizona State Bar Association identification card, Provider identification card, law enforcement credentials, private investigator's license, interpreter certification card, etc.
Any person visiting an inmate in the Yuma County Detention Center must meet the following requirements:
- Identification: All visitors must have a valid government picture identification with date of birth, i.e., driver's license, Arizona ID card, Military ID card, Passport, etc. (A "matricula consular" is not considered a valid form if ID.)
- Age Requirements: No one under the age of 18 may visit an inmate unless:
- Accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Or visitation was previously approved by the Detention Center
- EXCEPTION: An exception to this rule is a minor who is married to an inmate and is able to provide:
- Marriage Certificate; AND
- A valid picture identification
NOTE: Juveniles approaching the age of 18 may be asked to produce a valid government picture ID if their age is in question.
- Personal Items: No personal items will be allowed into the Visitation Area. Lockers are available in the Visitation lobby for visitors to store personal items. Lockers require a quarter deposit, which will be refunded upon return of the locker key.
Visitation Schedules and requirements may be subject to change.
Please contact the Visitation Office at (928) 539-7841 or via email at SO.Visit@ycso.yumacountyaz.gov
Visitation Contact Information
If you have any questions regarding jail visitation, please contact the Detention Center Visitation Office.
Tel: (928) 539-7841
Office Hours: 9:00 AM-4:00 PM