All personal property will be sealed when an inmate is booked into the Detention Center and will remain sealed until they are released. Property placed into the inmate's property bin during incarceration can be released to an outside party upon an inmate's written request.
An inmate must initiate the release or exchange of clothing and/or personal property by submitting an Inmate Request form. Only the individual named on the form will be allowed to pick up or exchange the clothing and/or personal property.
Inmates may request to have trial clothing dropped off for Superior court trial proceedings. Trial clothing will be provided to the inmate until the completion of their trial.
Property Release/Clothing Exchange Instructions
All property releases and clothing exchanges are conducted at the Gazebo located off of 1st Street (directly behind the Detention Center Booking area).
- Property releases and exchanges will be completed Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. These hours also apply to property belonging to inmates transferred to the Department of Corrections.
- The recipient must present a valid government issued photo ID, i.e., driver's license, DES ID card, Arizona ID card, Military ID card, Passport, etc., before receiving property.
- Any property not picked up within ninety (90) days of the inmate's transfer or release will be disposed of.
Funds from an inmate account may be released to a third party only in the event of an emergency situation and with a Supervisor's approval. Prior to releasing any funds, the inmate must submit a Prisoner Request form authorizing the release of funds from his/her account and must state the exact reason for the release, i.e., post a bond, nature of family hardships, etc. The funds released from the inmate account will be in the form of a check payable to the third party as requested by the inmate. This service is a one-time occurrence and/or at the discretion of a supervisor.
For More Information...
- The recipient must present a valid government issued photo ID, i.e., driver's license, Arizona ID card, Military ID card, Passport, etc., before receiving released funds.
- Any funds in an inmate's account will be released in the form of a debit card upon his/her release.
- Fund transfers are not authorized.
Contact the Detention Center at (928) 782-9871 and you will be connected to the Property Clerk.